Wanted: The best of the best. Chapters that proactively planned and executed amazing learning events with great take-home value, innovation and fun for members.
- Best Learning Calendar: Assesses the overall quality of the calendar. This is awarded in two categories: chapters with less than 60 members (Small/Medium), and chapters with more than 61 members (Large).
- Best Chapter Learning Event: Take-home value event focused on improving a member’s professional, personal skills, or business operations.
- Best Community Impact Event: This is an event where EO members have given back to their communities by providing leadership, training and/or community support and development.
- Best Multi-Chapter or Regional Event: Three or more EO chapters attend an event with multiple parts (speakers, activities, socials, etc.).
- Best WOW or Social Event: An event that can never be replicated, an event that makes attendees say “wow” and/or an event employing a venue or activity closed to the general public but opens exclusively for an EO chapter. Parties, happy hours, recreational events, sporting events, family-focused events, spousal events, etc.
Criteria and Process
The criteria are different for each category. However, as judges are reviewing each application, they will look for complete answers to each question. Emphasis will be on a) personal statement b) the take-home value c) the event evaluations.
- All entries must be submitted by close of business Friday, 10 March 2017, to be considered. No exceptions.
- All entries/information must be submitted in English.
- Eligible events for this year’s awards should be dated from 10 March 2016, through 10 March 2017.
- Each chapter will receive an e-mail to verify that the entry has been received.
- All entries will be reviewed by a committee from various regions.
- The awards will be presented at the Global Leadership Conference (GLC), and winners will be announced in official EO communications. If a representative from your chapter is not present, the award will be mailed to you.
- Only one application per category per EO Chapter. Chapters can apply in more than one category.
If you are applying for the Best Learning Calendar, download the worksheet here and submit the completed version with your application.
Marketing & Communication
The Global Communications Committee (GCC) is accepting online applications for the EO Marketing & Communication Awards. Each category requires a separate application. We encourage you to apply for more than one category below. All applications will be judged based on:
- Strategic Vision
- Quality of Work
- Execution and Results
Awards for 2017 will be given in the following categories:
- Best Internal Awareness: This award recognizes the most impactful tasks of the Marketing and Communications Chair. He or she creates the atmosphere for positive member engagement, satisfaction, retention and renewal. Are you the voice of your chapter and the local voice of EO? Share how you reflect EO’s core values by communicating and engaging with members, and through promoting events and member benefits.
- Best External Awareness: The recipient of this award attracts new members and strategic partners, as well as protecting and promoting the EO brand. His or her efforts ensure the success of their chapter and the organization as a whole. What connections have you fostered with outside organizations, and how do you support your chapter’s Strategic Alliances? Which social media platforms do you use to promote and protect the EO brand?
- Marketing & Communications Leadership: Do you know a Marketing and Communications Chair that stands out among his or her peers? This is your opportunity to nominate a leader in the Marketing & Communications field who “makes a mark” in their chapter and beyond.
- 10 March: Applications and all samples due
- GLC Frankfurt: Winners Announced
Please contact Karen Hamill, Member Networks Coordinator, with additional questions.
EO Global Citizen of the Year Award
Nominations and applications are now being accepted for the Global Citizen of the Year Award. This annual prize is awarded to one EO member whose innovative and effective approach transcends borders, changes lives, and sets an example for us all.
Previous winners have helped orphans in Panama, removed tons of plastic from the Pacific and revolutionized healthcare in Africa. We know there are hundreds of other members with stories just as incredible. Apply or nominate a fellow member today!
Applications will be accepted from 6 January to 28 February 2017. The winner will receive a free trip to the EO chapter of his or her choice.
Questions can be sent to John-Mark Davidson at email@example.com
Membership Recruitment Excellence Award
Applications are now open for FY2016/2017 EO Membership Recruitment Excellence Award. Winners will be recognized at GLC Frankfurt, and will win unlimited bragging rights for their Chapter!
The Membership Recruitment Excellence Award recognizes the top chapter for excellence in the quality of their Membership Recruitment process. Factors considered for this award include:
- Efficiency and documentation of the member qualification and recruitment process
- All work done by the Membership Chair
- Creative use of resources (for example: chapter board, region, sponsors, community, etc.)
- Results-to-date, including member testimonials and new member goals
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Questions? Contact Arushi Gupta, EO’s Senior Manager for Global Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter Admin of the Year
The Chapter Admin of the Year (CATY) Award recognizes and celebrates one EO Chapter Administrator for their commitment to EO, their overall support of their chapter, and seeks to encourage their continued pursuit of chapter excellence. The winner will be awarded with free travel and accommodation for GLC Frankfurt, with a value up to US$3,500.
The Chapter Admin of the Year Award must be nominated by a member of his or her chapter board. All Chapter Administrators will be considered. The awards will be based on outstanding actions during the previous calendar year and will be announced at the Global Leadership Conference (GLC) in the middle of the following calendar year. Chapters may choose to nominate more than one of their Admins. However, only one nomination is allowed per Chapter Administrator per Chapter. The deadline to submit a nomination is 28 February.
Each nomination must provide specific examples of how the Administrator has demonstrated exemplary service, fostered greater chapter growth and health, and/or showcased EO’s core values (Boldly Go!, Thirst for Learning, Make a Mark, Trust and Respect, and Cool) in a way that sets the bar for other Chapter Administrators. Supporting documents such as photographs, videos, etc. are not required, but are encouraged (videos and photos may be used by EO for future creative or promotional efforts).
The winning Chapter Administrator will receive free travel to GLC Frankfurt. Flight, hotel and other transportation costs may be submitted back to EO to cover up to US$3,500, for the Chapter Administrator exclusively.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2017