Selection Process – the Incoming EMP Class
The Entrepreneurial Masters Program (EMP) is EO’s most competitive executive education program. Though we typically receive 100-150 applications a year, the popular program is capable of educating only 65 of the best and brightest entrepreneurs. As we effectively assemble incoming EMP classes, we focus on the following applicant benchmarks:
Growth (1-10 points) – We look at the company’s movement (if any) between sales from the previous year and the current year. Stationary or negative growth does not necessarily mean you will not be accepted, but be sure to explain any factors that impacted your company’s growth.
Diversity (1-10 points) – Like EO, the EMP strives to represent entrepreneurs from a variety of industries and nations around the world. We strive to create a diverse group so you can learn from peers outside of your own industry and the traditional workings of conducting business in your home country.
Leadership (1-15 points) – What challenges have you faced that shaped who you are today? How has your leadership style contributed to (or hindered) your success? We are looking for today’s leading entrepreneurs, those who are dedicated to bringing their company, team and community to the next level.
Experience-sharing (1-15 points) – Your story—and listening and reacting to others’—is an integral part of the EMP. Upon completion of the program, you will move forward with 64 new best friends, confidants, advisors and companions, all of whom will see you through the rest of your entrepreneurial career.
Each application is assessed with the above benchmarks in mind. Then the respective class facilitator and the EO Global staff lead go through the following steps as they select the incoming EMP class.
1. Notification is sent out that the application for the incoming EMP class is available.
2. Interested parties fill out the application, provide payment information and include the personal statement.
3. All applications are reviewed and vetted by the EO Global staff lead for completeness.
4. If an application is incomplete, the EO Global staff lead will contact the applicant ONCE to solicit the missing information (for example, missing payment information = incomplete application).
5. All completed applications are reviewed by the incoming class facilitator and EO Global staff lead. They are rated for a base score in each of the areas described above (growth, diversity, leadership and experience-sharing).
6. Average scores are used to develop the initial top applicant pool.
Once scoring is completed, the class facilitator and the EO Global staff lead confirm and agree on the 65 accepted applicants. The top 15 applicants who are not initially accepted to the program are put on the waitlist. In the event that one of the accepted applicants cannot attend the EMP, a waitlisted applicant will be offered their space. The waitlist is compiled based on the above criteria, and are in rank order. Rarely are accepted applicants unable to attend, but in the event they cannot, the waitlist applicant(s) will be invited to be a part of the class.
How to Apply
Applications for the EMP Class of 2020 are available now. Apply here.
A complete application includes the following three items:
1. A completed online data form, which is found in the application by 2 February 2018.
2. All EO member applicants are required to provide updated credit card information via EOaccess for a non-refundable deposit of US$2000. Read more about the deposit and other payment/cancellation policies here. If you are accepted into the program – regardless of whether or not you can attend – it is at that time that the US$2000 deposit will be charged to your credit card on file in EOaccess. If you are NOT accepted into the program, the US$2000 deposit will not be processed.
3. A personal statement. That is, a description of you, your firm and your goals/vision for your company (2 pages maximum, please). The description should address who you are as an entrepreneur, how your experiences shaped you, your company and your life. Here are some things to consider as you prepare your statement (these are suggestions, not questions that you must answer)What are your aspirations for your company? For your personal life?
- What currently demands your attention in your business?
- Where do you see your company going in the next three years?
- Why do you/does your company need the EMP?
- What is unique about you, your company or your entrepreneurial journey? How can others benefit from hearing your story?
The announcement of the 65 most-qualified candidates – those who will matriculate at the Endicott House in 2018 – will be made via email on in late February 2018. At that time, all applicants will be notified of their application status. Applicants who are accepted to the program will then receive additional information concerning the program and arrangements.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application by email within 72 hours of submission.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your submitted application within 72 hours, please first email Learning@eonetwork.org
- If you do not receive an email response within 24 hours, then phone +1.703.519.6700 and ask for a member of the Learning Team.
- All applications are due in early February. Late applications will not be accepted, and no exceptions will be made.
Please see the Payment/Cancellation page for details on registration fees, payment and cancellation policies.
For more information, please contact: