AUSTRALIA ENTRY VISA
You may need a Visa to travel to Australia if you are non-citizen. Please kindly check with your local travel agent or Australian embassy for the details and procedures in obtaining a visa.
ARRIVAL GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Bond University is located 21 kilometres south of Coolangatta Airport (OOL) and 94 kilometres from Brisbane Airport (BNE).
Power voltage in Australia is 230 Volts at 50 Hertz. This socket only works with plug I.
LOCAL TIME ZONE
Australian Eastern Standard Time
UTC/GMT +10 hours
Local Currency is Australian Dollar (AUD).
$100 USD is approximately $130 AUD.
The average high is 28 degrees Celsius and the average low is 21 degrees Celsius in February in Gold Coast, Australia.
People who have been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the start date identified for the hotspot (whichever is shorter) will not be allowed to enter Queensland, except for a limited range of people who can enter for essential purposes.:
- your usual residence is in Queensland or you are moving to Queensland
- you need to comply with an order to attend a Court or Tribunal or to give effect to orders of the Court or Tribunal
- you have to fulfil an arrangement or obligation relating to shared parenting or child contact
- you have to assist with or participate in a State or Commonwealth law enforcement investigation or other action at the request or direction of a State or Commonwealth department or law enforcement agency
- you need to come to Queensland to complete anessential activity
- you arrive into Queensland by air and you transfer directly to another flight to leave Queensland and don’t leave the airport or remain in quarantine until your flight out of Queensland
- you arrive to the Gold Coast airport from an approved airport and transit directly by road to leave Queensland without leaving your vehicle
- you are a student at a higher education institution or boarding school and are entering Queensland for study, parents and legal guardians are allowed to accompany students who are minors
- you are entering to receiveessential health care or to provide support to a person receiving essential health care
- can provide evidence that you completed mandatory hotel quarantine in a COVID-19 hotspot and immediately transited to Queensland.
If you travelled on a quarantine free flight from a safe travel zone country to Australia, you can enter Queensland without needing to quarantine.
If you have been anywhere else overseas in the 14 days prior to arriving in Queensland, or did not travel to Australia on a quarantine free flight, you must:
- travel directly from your arrival point to government arranged accommodation, as instructed by the relevant authority
- not leave government arranged accommodation for 14 days, except:
- in an emergency situation
- for safety reasons (to avoid injury or illness, or to escape a risk of harm)
- for essential medical care or medical supplies if allowed by the authority
- not allow anyone else to enter the premises where you are quarantining, unless they are:
- living in the premises for quarantine reasons
- providing emergency or medical care to someone living there, or
- directed to visit by a relevant authority
- If you are allowed to leave quarantine, you must wear a mask and travel in an ambulance, your personal vehicle, government-arranged transport or taxi with a protective shield between the driver and passenger. Only if these options are unavailable, you may travel in the back seat on the passenger side of a taxi or rideshare with a mask.
Testing in quarantine
Anyone who has arrived in Queensland and been overseas in the 14 days prior will be asked to take a COVID-19 test before the completion of their 14 day quarantine in government arranged accommodation.
The majority of recent COVID-19 cases in Queensland have been acquired by overseas travellers.
Getting tested before you leave quarantine will help us find as many cases as possible and limit the possibility of the cases entering our community. This will ensure we are doing everything we can to manage Queensland’s response to the pandemic.
Those who do not agree to take a COVID-19 test will have their stay in quarantine extended by an additional ten days.
For more information, please visit here.